The Vegetarian Society of DC (VSDC) welcomes everyone at our events, wherever they are on the path towards an all-plant (vegan) diet. VSDC membership is not required to attend our events, but brings valuable benefits.
Why Become a VSDC Member?
With VSDC membership, you will:
- save money at area restaurants / businesses in the VSDC GreenRewards® discount program
- receive discounts at VSDC events like cooking classes and our annual Life-Affirming Thanksgiving gala
- receive our quarterly 12-page newsletter, VSDC News (and get a free classified ad)
- be invited to attend Board meetings and vote for the Board of Directors
- support a great all-volunteer non-profit organization
VSDC communicates through our newsletter VSDC News, the VSDC website, the DC Area Vegan Meetup Group, and other ways. Each has a different focus, although all list upcoming VSDC events.
The VSDC membership brochure gives more information about the benefits of VSDC membership.
Your Support Benefits the Community
VSDC exhibits at conferences and festivals to educate people about the benefits of a vegetarian diet and lifestyle. We help make a veg diet easier to follow by organizing educational, community-building, and social activities for people to learn and share ideas. And we partner with businesses to help them see a vibrant veg community so that they will increase their vegan options.
How to Join VSDC
To become a VSDC member or renew your membership, you can either:
- Fill out the online membership form and pay via PayPal
- Print and fill out our VSDC membership form and mail it with a check to:
Vegetarian Society of DC
PO Box 4921
Washington, DC 20008-0121